I had been wondering what the hell had happened with the production and release of the movie detailing, in parts, about Aaliyah's life. Well, at least a summary of her life in roughly 120 minutes. I knew that there would be many would be actresses willing to be cast as portraying the late singer even if they didn't even come close to resembling her at all. I trust that their valiant effort to capture her essence -- allure, style, persona and presence was welcomed and appreciated although none quite embodied neither.

So, like always, I had managed to do my notorious 'how about' selection of Keisha Chante'.  Lo and behold, the powers that be, in the industry, were in fact listening and followed suit in pursuing the young singer for the role in which she later accepted. Imagine my surprise considering that I wasn't listened to when I had suggested Tisha Campbell as Etta James in 'Cadillac Records'.
 
 


For those of you who don't know who she is, Keisha happens to be a Canadian R&B singer whose song, 'The Boy I Use To Know', debut roughly 9 years ago. I had made the suggestion strictly on the fact that she did resemble Aaliyah in certain angles in regards to her music video shoot. Even though the young lady is shorter, she was much more a fit than the ladies who auditioned....and this was back in 2008 for the movie that was slated to be released in 2009; a year that will be a wrap in roughly one more week!

Now, what happened to the Aaliyah biopic that was supposed to be already released? Well, here is what I found out. Check out the clip!






Do you think that Keisha Chante' can pull it off? can she convince or get viewers more involved in the movie's premier -- should it make a timely release, of course? would you even see it? or did the magic that is Aaliyah dissipate to even care?

12 comments:

Chinita said...

I miss Aaliyah so much. No one like her.

WitchHazel said...

RIP Aaliyah.

TCJ said...

I don't know about Keisha being good for the role but I think that she may be able to pull it off.

Anonymous said...

I had heard mention about a movie on Aaliyah but that was about it.

Just Des said...

I wonder if it will make mention of her involvement with R.Kelly because that is what I want to hear about.

Anonymous said...

I think that Keisha could pass as Aaliyah for the sake of a movie.

Yeah I Said It! said...

^^
I forgot all about Keisha Chante.

Calisto said...

I don't think that Aaliyah's fan base forgotten about her at all. I think that they would like to see an Aaliyah movie if one will in fact be released.

Anonymous said...

I believe that most people would go to just get closure like they did the Notorious Big movie.

The Black Berry said...

When the movie comes out it will be big.

Mr. Majestic said...

A movie on Baby Girl's life has been long overdue. She has been missed. People who followed her music are owed this as a final tribute. May she rest in peace.

Trick.Rock said...

Even if a movie does come out about Liyah what are the chances that answers for the questions that have been lingering for years will be answered? The answers will be slim because the girl was personal and but so much is really known about her. Face it, there is a chance that watchers will be seeing embellished facts being played out before their very eyes rather than the cold hard truth in the event to make her look better than what she really was in life. I know that I am not the only one who have heard some things and maybe even know some things about her so I'm talking about a lot of half truths here for the sake of a person who is no longer around to defend their image or reputation. Don't get me wrong, I know that everyone values their personal lives but when a person is too personal, they have a lot of skeletons in their closets and she was not and cannot be placed above being one of an unheard of few to not.