Cartoonist/Writer, Aaron McGruder tweeted that he finally got an air date for his show, "The Boondocks". According to a tweet that he left, episodes for Season 3 airing may be on the Cartoon Network's, Adult Swim, by March 2010.

I'll admit, I liked watching the show simply because it covered controversial matters just as much as it did the stereotypical and non stereotypical views. In addition, it lent a voice to the REAL issues that affect people at large;including those who feel as if they are powerless to influence change on a worthwhile cause -- and it was a damn cartoon. Now, how many shows do you know are like that?

Take a look at the promotional clip. There is no certainty of whether or not if this clip aired on the network yet....but here it is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time.

Chinita said...

I'm glad because those reruns were getting on my nerves.

Trick.Rock said...

I believe the show appealed to me for the same reasons. I like the way the writer address topics that people regard as taboo. I'm looking forward to the show's return!

theoneandonlybean said...

YAY!! I have season 1 & 2 on dvd. I was just talking to my bf about this the other day and we were hoping more cartoons would air. That show is full of messages and the way they play up and break down stereotypes is amazing for an animated show. I also like how they rag on BET for promoting a lot of ignorant shit on it's network.

lonnie_1104 said...

Glad to hear that Boondocks is returning.