Singer, Kelis, has finished a chef course at London's Le Cordon Bleu recently. Upon finishing THAT ONE COURSE, the singer has made plans to produce a signature sauce as a business venture.
This is to be just like Kelis -- an odd move considering that most A - Z list celebrity musicians/recording artists have a strong tendency to launch a signature clothing and fragrance line; especially when their album sells are ridiculously low.

Speaking of which, her interest in having a business in signature sauces is right on the heals of the latest divorce development between her and husband, rap artist, Nas in which the two have legally reported, via strong insinuation, that they were actually feigning wealth for the public; both are basically living check to check or hand to mouth -- struggling financially. Therefore, Nas may not be able to make the either agreed to or legally binding monthly spousal/child support reached earlier in the courts or reported. Where's 50 when you need him?

Word to Kelis and women out there, a man's wealth is just a perception to divert your attention away from his character or ability to function responsibly as an overall provider. Therefore, don't be too dependent on a man, no matter how much you perceive real interest to interest of convenience because you may find yourself without a pot to piss in when shit hits the fans. If you started having ventures, a career, etc prior to long term commitment with a man of interest, keep them or it rather than tying yourself in his identity or lack thereof in belief that he will be a constant provider -- at all cost.

To the men reading this post, plan for a future -- for yourselves and whomever you incorporate into it, spouse and offspring rather than spending on materialistic frivolity to impress people because whatever you are doing to earn a living is not deemed as forever. It is all about building a legacy of wealth not poor man riches that society has conditioned you to which brings me to my question: does today's criteria surrounding wealth and black people really make the two strange bedfellows?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is some sound reasoning for my ass if I have ever have to say so my damn self.

YouDotCom said...

So she has come to realize that she has a little Paul Newman in her. Alright Kelis, do you.

Just Des said...

To answer your question, some cases yeah the two do make strange bedfellows are odd couples to say the least. Why? Simply put because most black people don't value the long term use of having money because we splurge on the most stupid things. Rims for our cars, televisions for our cars' headrest and visors. Bullshit stuff but if we would stop doing that and try investing in ourselves and our own businesses, money and black people would not be an odd pairing. Anyway, I hope that her marriage has proven to be a learning experience for her.

Ju Ju said...

co-sign with Just Des. I see you gave your page an uplift. Dope tracks too!

Chinita said...

I know that I comment ever so often on your blog because I have been really busy and what not but the more I read some of this shit you put up, the more I realize how fucked up my situation really is. Make. It. Stop!

Screwed Priorities said...

@Chinita~ I'm just engaging in what I call self discover for the soul.
@JuJu~ I like those tracks myself
@JustDes~ My sentiments exactly
@You~ Paul Newman?

Thank you all for having stopped by my blog. Sorry for the inconvenience and subtle name change.

Anonymous said...

@screwed
Paul Newman had a salad dressing line out years ago.