I knew there was a reason why I don't get romantically involved with men who are/were recording artists but I could never put my finger on it -- until now. Those motherfuckers are bonafied, indiscriminate abusers!

R&B singer/producer, Teddy Riley has been charged with battery. Although I have heard on numerous occasions that Riley has a penchant for violence against women just like his former fellow band mate, Aaron Hall, but not ever had I thought that he would put beat the hell out of his own daughters -- who are adults by the way. He even went as far as threatening to kill the two young women with the aid of a guitar hero console.

I gather the industry has really taken a toll on the mindset of the men involved so much that they can mentally disassociate their female relatives as relatives to outside women of interests. For those who are in the industry, you know what I'm talking about in regards to the disassociation. How else could his unacceptable behavior be psychologically explained?

With that in mind, I'm sure the jack ass had his girls to call him Theodore instead of dad while they took those beatings much like Janet and her sisters referred to their dad as Joseph during his 'episodes'; another story all within itself. Who knows for how long this has been going on prior to them reporting him to the authorities. They are due in court next month.

I don't know which is worst for women nowadays: being pummeled by their fathers or having their significant others to do the honors. SMH

In retrospect, it really doesn't matter who the abuser is, it is still wrong. Ladies, regardless of your age,  if you are being abused by either of your parents or mate, seek help and don't be afraid to leave! Your life may be riding on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must know something about the industry we don't.

Just Des said...

Most people in music are on a program so I wouldn't doubt this post at all. Sad though.

I Am Kayser SoSay said...

I heard that one of the women was his girlfriend and that it had to do with jealousy.

Chinita said...

What is wrong with men? Every time you turn around, there is a report on a man beating on a woman somewhere but I haven't heard of a man beating on or threatening his daughter since Alec Baldwin talked down to his child a few years ago. Men need help these days.